Public Services Sector: Tottenham War Memorial
The Tottenham Green War Memorial was designed by the sculptor Louis Fredrick Roslyn of German decent, and erected in 1923, receiving Grade II listed status in 2002.
The centre-piece is a 3 metre high figure of a winged angel standing on a bronze globe holding a laurel wreath to her breast - a figure of world peace. The stone shaft supports a down pointing bronze sword - a mythological symbol of the divine connection between the ruler of land and God.
The Architects TRP carried out the historical restoration.
We undertook the design of the specialist external lighting focusing on bringing the memorial to life during the hours of darkness.
The War Memorial Trust and the Conservation Officer were heavily involved in the memorial restoration.
The Memorial was opened by the Mayor of Haringey on 16th May 2016.